Standard telephone users can easily initiate calls to TTY users. The relay operator types the hearing person's spoken words to the TTY user and reads back the typed replies.
- Dial 7-1-1 for the Florida Relay Service.
- You will hear, "Florida Relay Operator (number), may I have the number you are calling please?"
- Give the Relay operator the area code and telephone number you wish to call and any further instructions.
- The Relay operator will process your call, relaying exactly what the TTY user is typing. The Relay operator will relay what you say back to the TTY user.
- When you finish the conversation and are ready to hang up, don’t forget to say "SK" which stands for “stop keying” (which alerts both the Relay Operator and the other party that you are ready to end the conversation ) then hang up.
Alternate Phone Number
If the phone from which you are calling does not accept 7-1-1, we have a list of dedicated toll free numbers for each call-type that you can utilize for the same great service.
If you are a standard (voice) user, and are trying to connect with a Relay user.