Relay Conference Captioning (RCC) is a free service for anyone who is deaf or hard of hearing to engage in meetings (in-person or remote), group conversations in a videoconference and multi-party conference call. Using the same high-quality captioners that produce closed captioning for television, RCC users receive live, real-time text streamed to a computer connected to the Internet anywhere.
How does RCC work?
See the video to learn how RCC works for anyone who is deaf or hard of hearing and wants to participate in a multi-party conference call at home or in the workplace.
How to Use
How to schedule the RCC service:
- Make an appointment at least 48 hours (two working days) in advance to guarantee the service.
- Arrange for a toll-free conference/audio bridge for a captioner to hear everything that is said during phone call or in-person meeting to deliver captions to your screen.
- Go to www.floridarcc.com
- Click the BOOK AN EVENT NOW link.
- Fill out required information on the ONLINE FORM including:
- Contact and event information.
- Teleconference call number and access code.
- Date and time of event.
- Provide specific information (i.e., proper names, call agenda, speaker or Power Point notes, etc.) in order to receive accurate captioning.
- Once the call is booked and your captioner is assigned, you will receive an e-mail from the RCC service with the Event ID and the web address for you to access your captioned call.
How to use RCC:
- On the day of the conference call, please be sure to log in at www.floridarcc.com a few minutes prior to the start of the call.
- Enter your RCC reservation number or Event ID.
- Your captioner will caption all of the dialogue on the call including noises and/or sounds where appropriate (i.e. beep that a caller has joined, etc.).
- Follow along with the captioned text and when you want to participate, type in your message and the captioner will relay your message to the participants or you can voice for yourself during the in-person meeting or using a standard telephone during a conference call.
- At the end of the conference call, you can request for a copy of the transcript or have the transcript destroyed after the call to protect your confidentiality.
To use RCC you need to optimize your computer or laptop and it is recommended that you have:
- Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Microsoft Windows ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Mac OS X.
- 800 x 600 screen resolution, 1024 x 768 or higher recommended.
- High Speed Internet or 3G/4G* wireless network service required.
- No need to download software.
* Data charges may apply
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (720) 489-5994
- Call: 800-590-4197
- Hours of Operation:
- Sunday through Saturday
- 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Visit: www.floridarcc.com
Technical support is limited to the functions of Relay Conference Captioning and is not designed to assist participants with issues related to their computer, Internet connection, conference calling provider or others.
- Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Priority Tech Support: (800) 590-4203
- 24-Hour Emergency Support: 800-590-4197
- Please limit calls to the 24-hour emergency number to “on-air” or “during live event” problems or issues.
- Support E-mail: