- March 25, 2017 - 9:30a - 2:30p
Active Boomers & Seniors Expo - Jacksonville
- March 25, 2017 - 9 am to 1 pm
Panama City Beach Health Expo
Panama City: 850‑769‑6890
- March 28, 2017 - 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
FSGA & FTRI Partnership
Florida State Guardianship Association and FTRI have partnered to create awareness about FTRI’s amplified telephones to qualified Florida residents at no cost.
FTRI offers a variety of amplified phones—FREE to qualified applicants.
Eligibility is open to Florida residents with hearing or speech loss. To receive specialized telephone equipment, applicants must provide proof of eligibility.
FTRI specialized telephone equipment is available at no cost. Applicants must also provide proof of residency with one of the following:
- Florida Driver’s License
- Florida Voter Registration Card
- Florida Identification Card
- Florida Vehicle Registration
- Florida Medicaid Card
- Letter from Social Security with applicant’s name and Florida address
Resources and Links
- Detrimental Effects of Untreated Hearing Loss Presentation (PDF)
A seminar covering the detrimental effects of untreated hearing loss. Topics include an overview on why hearing loss is often left untreated and how ignoring hearing loss can increase the risk of auditory deprivation and cortical reorganization, as well as depression, isolation, and dementia.
- Refer an Applicant to FTRI
- Start the process to get an applicant a free amplified telephone.
- WHO WE ARE
- Established in 1986, The Florida State Guardianship Association (FSGA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. FSGA is the premier statewide organization promoting and supporting excellence in the practice of guardianship and is the voice advocating for the incapacitated and their guardians.
- OUR MISSION
- The Florida State Guardianship Association is dedicated to the protection of the dignity and rights of incapacitated persons and to increasing the professionalism of guardianship through education, networking and legislative action.