- April 29, 2017 - 9am - 1pm
Bethel Baptist Church Health Fair
- May 1, 2017 - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
North FL Hearing & Balance Center-Beltone Hearing Center
Live Oak: 352‑378‑7474
- May 1, 2017 - 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Advanced Hearing Solutions
FLAA & FTRI Partnership
Florida Academy of Audiology and FTRI have partnered to create awareness about FTRI’s amplified telephones to qualified Florida residents at no cost.
FTRI offers a variety of amplified phones—FREE to qualified applicants.
Eligibility is open to Florida residents with hearing or speech loss. To receive specialized telephone equipment, you must provide proof of eligibility.
FTRI specialized telephone equipment is available at no cost. You must also provide proof of residency with one of the following:
- Florida Driver's License
- Florida Voter Registration Card
- Florida Identification Card
- Florida Vehicle Registration
- Florida Medicaid Card
- Letter from Social Security with your name and Florida address
Resources and Links
- Detrimental Effects of Untreated Hearing Loss Presentation (PDF)
A seminar covering the detrimental effects of untreated hearing loss. Topics include an overview on why hearing loss is often left untreated and how ignoring hearing loss can increase the risk of auditory deprivation and cortical reorganization, as well as depression, isolation, and dementia.
- Refer an Applicant to FTRI
- Start the process to get an applicant a free amplified telephone.
How FLAA Serves Florida
- Professional Lobbying Efforts
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Professional Updates
- Leadership / Liaison with the American Academy of Audiology
The mission of the Florida Academy of Audiology is to represent Florida Audiologists and the people they serve through advocacy, education, and collaboration.