- March 25, 2017 - 9:30a - 2:30p
Active Boomers & Seniors Expo - Jacksonville
- March 25, 2017 - 9 am to 1 pm
Panama City Beach Health Expo
Panama City: 850‑769‑6890
- March 28, 2017 - 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
FSHHP & FTRI Partnership
Florida Society of Hearing Healthcare Professionals and FTRI have partnered to create awareness about FTRI's amplified telephones to qualified Florida residents at no cost.
FTRI offers a variety of amplified phones—FREE to qualified applicants.
Eligibility is open to Florida residents with hearing or speech loss. To receive specialized telephone equipment, applicants must provide proof of eligibility.
FTRI specialized telephone equipment is available at no cost. Applicants must also provide proof of residency with one of the following:
- Florida Driver’s License
- Florida Voter Registration Card
- Florida Identification Card
- Florida Vehicle Registration
- Florida Medicaid Card
- Letter from Social Security with applicant’s name and Florida address
Resources and Links
- Detrimental Effects of Untreated Hearing Loss Presentation (PDF)
A seminar covering the detrimental effects of untreated hearing loss. Topics include an overview on why hearing loss is often left untreated and how ignoring hearing loss can increase the risk of auditory deprivation and cortical reorganization, as well as depression, isolation, and dementia.
- Letter from FTRI’s Executive Director
- James Forstall announces FSHHP and FTRI’s partnership and shares some information about FTRI’s mission and services.
- Refer an Applicant to FTRI
- Start the process to get an applicant a free amplified telephone.
The Florida Society of Hearing Healthcare Professionals is organized to promote uniform good will and education among all hearing aid dispensers in the State of Florida, thereby bringing the state of the art to its highest possible level. The FSHHP upholds the Code of Ethics of the International Hearing Aid Society as well as our own bylaws, mission statement and the Florida Statutes.